Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Recovery

After two weeks away from the gym, I returned last night. It was hell. I could only run at 6.0 on the treadmill, opposed to my average range of 6.5-6.7, and it was a challenge to complete 3 miles. Before my recent illness, I could effortlessly do 6 miles. Yesterday I felt fatigued and winded the entire time, contemplating whether I was doing too much too soon. If it hadn't been for the Thanksgiving break prior to the nine day bug, I would have been in much better shape. But no, I've got to accept it's gonna take some time to fully recuperate.

After the worst workout in history, I bought some new running shoes for a motivation boost. I also picked up a couple pairs of lycra warm-up pants to throw on over my shorts when I leave the gym. My old ones are looking mighty tattered and threadbare these days.

1 comment:

Milwaukee Girl said...

I'm sure you'll get back in the groove in just a couple days! I'd kill to do 6 miles. I gotta get back on track too!