Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Random Post

It's Tuesday and I'm still trying to get caught up from the weekend. My friend dyed my hair, it's her own concoction of three different shades, and it looks great! Props to her. In the right lighting, you can see fabulous shades of red. I am still getting used to dark hair again, but I really love it -- it's even darker than my natural color; I look stern.

Why is it that the sweatiest people at the gym are the ones who neglect to wipe down their machines???

So I never even looked into any online dating sites (I'm lazy), but GC and one of our guy friends wanna try speed dating so I said I'd do it. I can't imagine taking it seriously, but it'd certainly be a one-of-a-kind experience for me to write about.

Over the weekend, I was sitting at a stoplight when a passenger in the car beside me said, "Heeeey, honey. Mind if I hop in your passenger seat?" Uh, yes I DO mind!! WTF? Who goes around picking up people at stoplights?!? I was scared for my life.

In the wee hours of Sunday morning, I missed a call from my brother so I tried to listen to his voicemail, but couldn't understand what he was saying over the music at the bar. The next day, I went to retrieve a new voicemail from a friend when I replayed the message from "my brother" which turned out to be the guy from LA I met a few weeks ago. His number never registered as a missed call on my phone.

I love drunk dials, how 'bout you?

Here's the drunk voicemail I received Sunday morning at 2:41 am:

WTP, this is LAGuy, I'm in town. Um, I'd love to take you to Perkins tonight. And um, we'll go to Perkins and let's go get something to eat. WTP, let's go eat and then we'll talk. I really wanna hang out with you. I'm back here in Minneapolis right now. Ok, let's go get some stuff at Perkins. Ok, I'll see you soon. Hey, talk to you later. Bye. Thanks. Call me back. Call me. Hey, call me.

Now this was a call I returned promptly. Riiiiiight.

4 comments:

MD said...

You could still get at least another meal outta LA guy!! Better yet, set up a date and send Deborah in!

Anonymous said...

Speed dating? That should be unique!

Milwaukee Girl said...

Oh! I've always wanted to try speed dating, but now I've got a BF so it's not going to fly ....

So you didn't do Perkins? Man, I hope my drunk dials are near that funny!

wearingthepants said...

Deborah does love Perkins!!

I'll be sure to blog about the speed dating if it happens. Maybe I can sneak a voice recorder in my purse.