Monday, July 23, 2007

Sun 'n Fun

I awoke early Saturday and since it was beautiful outside, I decided to check out the new Lakeville Lifetime pool. It was extremely nice from everything to the outdoor hot tub to the comfortable chairs and shaded umbrellas that spray mist. As I was lying there, soaking up the sun, I felt restless.

What I really wished for was my laptop, but I'd brought along a notebook and pen instead. I had a lot of jumbled thoughts bouncing around in my head, but when I went to put them down on paper, I found I couldn't. It was the strangest thing. When I was young, I journaled non-stop and wrote free-hand all the time. But I find now I've become so accustomed to typing my thoughts out on a keyboard that when I go back to the old-fashioned way, I draw blanks. Nothing but garbage. Seriously. The only exception is instances where I have something truly vent-worthy.

Luckily for me, my friend called about an hour and a half later, saying she was on her way to the Savage pool so I packed up and headed over there. She met up with one of her guy friends too and we shared a few enlightening topics of conversation. Later on, my friend and I were walking back to our chairs when a guy called out my name. It was one of my friends who lives in the area so it wasn't exactly shocking to see him, but still an unexpected surprise to see him in a swimsuit. That was a first. I'd walked past him when I came in and hadn't even recognized him. He was there with his roommate so we stopped and chatted them for a good while. The fun part was when they encouraged us to try out the water slides with them. So if you lie down with your arms crossed on the left slide, you actually rip pretty fast for a kiddie slide. Since I'm always talking about how old I feel, it felt good to know I can still do childish things and have just as much fun doing them!! It really made me want to go to a water park!

After slides and swimming, I stopped by my parents' for dinner and dog time. When I finally got back to my apartment, I had to rush to get ready for going out. So I met my pool friend downtown where we made our usual rounds -- starting at Old Chicago. We bumped into her friend who we later met up with. We left Old Chicago and went to The Annex. My friend has a crush on a guy from her work and she'd heard he frequently hangs out there. She was so cute when she thought she saw him. She got all nervous to see him. Unfortunately, he was there with a girl -- no confirmation of her relationship to him, but my friend knows he doesn't have a girlfriend.

After a few other friends showed up, I left Annex and went to Bellanotte to meet GC. We ended up meeting a couple older guys while sitting at the bar who were sort of interesting. It kind of ended up being like a double-date though. The guy I spoke with likes to write so I thought that was really cool and we ended up getting into a pretty deep conversation about writing. However, he lives in LA, but is originally from here and says he wants to keep in touch, but who knows. It was a good night though and I had a lot of fun.

Sunday I went over to a married friend's house and a group of us went to Canterbury Park to watch ostrich and camel races. I took video of the camels, but I haven't uploaded yet, it may be too far away, but I'll see what it looks like when I get home. The ostriches were fast and really funny -- the jockeys didn't really stay on! The unfortunate thing about yesterday was that it was soooooo hot and steamy! It was miserable. So I didn't work out either Saturday OR Sunday and I ate like shit. I didn't have enough time to eat on Sunday before I went to my friend's so I had cheese curds and vanilla ice cream with sprinkles at Canterbury. Then we went back to my friend's and she mixed salsa and cheese together as dip for chips and I seriously ate a TON! I still feel gross.

We also watched the movie, Norbit, it was 102 minutes of my life I'll never get back. The whole time I kept wondering how movies like that ever get made!

2 comments:

MD said...

Waterslides! Pools! Cheese! Camels and Ostriches! GC!!!!!!

Hot damn, MN has got a lot more going on than I thunked!

Anonymous said...

Spray mist would have shorted out your laptop anyways.