Saturday, May 12, 2007

Random Fun

It was a night of randomness. So my girl crush suggested we go to this bar/restaurant called Miami in uptown for a couple drinks and the plan was to head downtown later. I got to the bar first and after fifteen minutes, I almost began to wonder if I was getting stood up. Not really, but given the situation, it was in the back of my mind until she texted to apologize, saying she had to stop for gas.

I was under the impression she'd be showing up alone, but she arrived with her roommate's boyfriend, Eric. Her roommate was busy studying so she invited him out with us. He was a petite little thing, but boy, did he have a mouth! He cracked me up with his foul-mouthed obscenities.

At one point, he turned to me and asked, "If you had to guess which race I was, what would you say?" He added, "I'll give you options to choose from: Indian, Asian, Latino, African American." He's Latino, which I guessed correctly, but he went off on a tirade about how people have thought he was all of those races. He said, "To the guy who thought I was black, I should've pulled down my pants to prove it to him." I wish I could remember more of his comments throughout the night, but it's fuzzy.

My girl crush looked beautiful!! She wasn't kidding when she said her dress was cute -- it was adorable! It was low-cut with spaghetti straps and had different shades of blue ranging from turquoise to royal blue. She wore blue eye shadow and eyeliner to match, which sounds hideous, but it looked really nice! Her blonde hair was half-up and poofed up with a bobby pin. She's hot.

It wasn't quite the same as when we were out together before, but it was definitely fun to hang out with her again. There were a number of distractions. I bumped into an old friend of mine from college whom I hadn't seen since we graduated so we spent a long time catching up. He bought a townhouse in the suburbs and lives there with his girlfriend of two years. I got the chance to meet her as well. I liked her because she wasn't the least bit jealous. Most girls would be giving me the evil eye or butting in the conversation, but she hardly seemed to notice.

His friends are regulars at Miami, an 80's bar. One of them was all decked out for the occasion. He wore a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off, a red bandana rolled up and tied around his head and aviator shades. But that was just the beginning. He brought a back-up outfit which he changed into later. Super short cut-off jeans, a pink t-shirt that bared his midriff, and yellow leg warmers.

The night really began when they played Michael Jackson. This friend in the short shorts has all the Thriller dance moves memorized. Despite the lack of dance floor, a circle formed around him as he performed. It was hysterical. I took a video on my camera, but I can't figure out how to rotate the thing. I may upload it anyway because it's just too funny not to.

I wasn't kidding when I said it was the night of randoms. Guess who we happened to sit down beside at the bar?? Engaged guy! He thanked me profusely for dog sitting and told a few funny stories about the dogs. We told him we were going to Bootlegger's and later saw him in line outside, but it was just as we were leaving.

After the silly fun at Miami, we took a cab downtown and went to Bootlegger's, douchebag central, for all of five minutes, and then we headed to Foundation. Another new place for me. It's a club with techno music, pretty cool. I had a lot of fun dancing with my new friend. We ventured off to the hip-hop room and danced with a group of gay guys that were really tearin' it up! So fun.

A friend of mine wanted to meet up with us, but since we were bar hopping all night, I had to keep calling and texting to let him know every time we changed locations. Blaring bass makes it a tad difficult to have a phone conversation.

Anyway, I hope she didn't think I was bored or rude. My friend tried to find Foundation, but if you know me, you know my directions were worthless. I was kind of torn because I felt like I was ignoring both friends, one old and one new. So he picked me up and I left around 1:30. I just hope she doesn't think I left cause I was bored! She had a guy friend, Dustin, with her too, so hopefully she doesn't think I was ditching out.

Oh yeah, one other thing worth mentioning. My new friend either knows all the bar/club owners in Minneapolis or she has a friend whose slept with the owner. Works for me, never a cover charge! Also, the Miami owner is opening a 70's bar down the street next week!!

4 comments:

MD said...

Hot damn! You had a nice night out, eh?
I was all ready to make fun of the guy for having a back-up outfit, but couldn't help but laugh when you described it.
Did Engaged Guy behave himself this time?

wearingthepants said...

The outfit + dance moves were killer. Do you know anything about rotating video uploaded from your camera? I recorded it vertically. I searched for help, but it looked like a complicated process.

He did behave, but I didn't talk to him much. The wedding is next weekend so he's still got time to get his mack on.

MD said...

Sorry, I had tried to find how to rotate vids a little while back but came up empty. I'll take another look around.

I get the feeling you'll still have a shot even after he's married!

wearingthepants said...

Thanks for checking! I may just post it anyway...at least you can see the outfit then!