Saturday, April 28, 2007

Girl Crush

I met someone last night. We instantly bonded, had great chemistry. We share similar interests such as working out, fashion and judging people. Yes, this person is a she. She is a co-worker of a friend of mine. We first met at happy hour, and in talking, discovered we have a lot in common.

Meeting people is not really one of my things, especially women with all that unspoken animosity. Is she cuter than me? Is she thinner than me? Is she dressed better than me? It's awkward and uncomfortable and forced. But I immediately liked this girl. I warmed to her honesty, particularly when she readily admitted to her judgmental tendencies. I knew we'd get along right then and there.

My favorite part of the evening was when she asked what kind of guys I like. After hearing my description, she said, "So you like IT guys." I'd never thought of it that way before! Pretty sure we are NOT attracted to the same type of men.

We separated from the rest of the group so it turned out to be kind of a crazy night filled with lots of bar hopping and dancing. I guess that's what happens when you start drinking at happy hour and stay out 'til 3:45. The most interesting for me was going to Visage, the club where Tropix used to be. It looks nothing like it did back then! Wow. Aren't I too old for this?!?

So we exchanged phone numbers. All night, we both kept telling each other how glad we were that we met. I hope she calls. I wonder if the 3-day rule applies to same-sex hetero friendships.

No comments: