Wednesday, March 19, 2008

No Hankie? No Problem!

Ok, ok. I'm left with no choice but to blog since MD refused to believe me when I said "maybe I would."

The other day over my lunch break, I made a special trip to Target to pick up a few miscellaneous items. As I made my way to the front door, careful to avoid piles of newly acquired snow mixed with slush, I noticed a man of medium build in a black stocking cap shoveling the snow along the curb. He paused for a moment, set the shovel to one side, and lifted the bottom of his long-sleeved cotton tee and blew his nose directly INTO it. Believe you me, this was no wipe of the sleeve. We're talking a full-on blow with the appropriate sound effects and all.

I don't know what kind of household this man was raised in, but when has it ever been socially acceptable to use your shirt as a kleenex?!? To make matters worse, I saw him again beside the cart corral as I was heading to my car, fifty dollars poorer than when I arrived, and there was a wet spot the size of a softball on the bottom right corner of his grey shirt.

2 comments:

MD said...

You have proven me wrong! You my dear are still the wind beneath my wings.

So thats not normal for Minnesota?

Anonymous said...

Hey, he was doing hard labor. Can't take time for a kleenex. Still though, I'll bet his hamper reeks.