Thursday, January 17, 2008

When you Know or Don't Know

After my mom delivered the sad news, TheGuy came over and hung out with me. I thought I'd cry in front of him, but I didn't shed a tear, successfully dodged that bullet. I hate crying. I especially hate letting others see me cry.

Last night we grabbed dinner at Sawatdee. He summed it up best when he said, "On all accounts, that was the worst Thai food experience of my life." Not only was the food a major disappointment, but the service was equally horrendous. I ordered the pad prig which is basically a stir-fry with green and red peppers, mushrooms, and onions. It was okay, but nothing to write home about for $12. He ordered the pad thai, requesting medium spiciness, but it was bland and greasy. The Diet Coke I ordered never arrived until I asked a second time and when it came time to pay our bill, our server was nowhere to be found. As a result, her lack of service caused us to be late for The Wild game.

TheGuy and I have begun to spend a lot more time together. In the last twelve days, I've seen him eight of those days. It actually feels like we're dating now. I still have no expectations or any idea as to what the future may hold. Maybe I'm skeptical because it's taken so long for us to reach this point. If it's right, do you always know from the beginning? I've never had luck with that before. In the past, when I met someone I really liked, I became so neurotic that I wound up sabotaging the relationship because I was terrified of getting hurt. I'm still trying to figure out what sort of balance I need to maintain a healthy, non-dysfunctional relationship.

3 comments:

ruby said...

i'm so sorry for your loss.


and for your bad thai experience.

THAI SHOULD ALWAYS BE AWESOME. it just should.


now i'm thirsty for a diet coke, damnit.

MD said...

I love dogs so much, mostly b/c they totally wear their hearts on their sleeves. They want only love, food, and well, more love. They also give 10 times more than they take. Here's to Max, a long happy life and memories galore!!!

SHW said...

So sorry to hear about your dog. :-(

The restaurant site says it's award winning...not so much though huh? But did The Wild win?

Stay warm this weekend.