Tuesday, January 29, 2008

When the Dust Begins to Settle

I think I smoothed things over. The worst part was telling TheGuy my reasoning for asking if he was on a date. It went something like this: "Well, first I went through your email and then I stalked your potential love interest on Facebook and read through all the posts on her wall." That's totally normal behavior, right?

He said it wasn't a date and I believe him. But I made sure to point out the obvious fact LP was hoping it was a date or sort-of-a-date. I asked if he knew she liked him and he said he didn't think she did. To prove my claim, what else could I do but have him read the post from LP's friend saying, "How'd stuff go, plans to do it again???"

If I had to do it all over again, would I? I don't know. He expressed his annoyance of me accusing him of going on a date and even more annoyance of me going through his email. I don't believe my lame attempt to defend myself did much good: "I swear I didn't click on any of your emails! I just saw the beginning text part!" I never actually accused him of going on a date though, I merely asked. In fact, my exact text was: "At the risk of sounding paranoid, did you go on a date on Thursday?" After all, I'm an English major. I choose my words wisely.

So last night I offered to take him to dinner and then we went to his house and watched some season three of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. He has the episodes downloaded on his computer, which I am terrified to even touch now because he'll probably assume I am checking his browsing history or something equally stalkerish (not to say he would be in the wrong). I'm pretty sure his web browser no longer opens up to his email inbox and never will so long as I'm around. See, this is what happens when you fail to heed your own advice.

1 comment:

MD said...

Very happy to hear everything's settled and good!
IASIP is a great way to make peace!