Monday, December 24, 2007

The Eve of Christmas

Last night TheGuy and I got a bite to eat and then went to see Charlie Wilson's War. After reading rave reviews, we had high hopes. To our dismay, we were both of the opinion it was "only okay." It was worth seeing, but it was sort of a letdown. There were five movies we both wanted to see so we really struggled to narrow it down. Given time factors, it came down to Charlie Wilson and Juno, so of course now I wish we would've chosen the latter. Oh well, there's always next time.

I love the movies. Before TheGuy and I started going on actual dates, I was often depressed about the fact I no longer had a movie buddy (Platonic Ex and I saw TONS of movies). I have a few girl friends I go see movies with on occasion, but I like serious, depressing movies which usually aren't at the top of their lists. I've come to realize it's important to me that I date someone who enjoys going to movies and that we share similar taste in films.

Also of note, we saw a preview for the Sex & the City movie. I just don't have a good feeling about it. I know I won't be able to resist seeing it when it comes out, but I'm of the belief it's going to suck.

1 comment:

Milwaukee Girl said...

So are you thinking better as a DVD? It's on my movie list too ...

Hope you had a great Christmas!