Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Post Marathon Burnout

I ran twice last week but stuck to a slow paced four miles each time. At the gym, I even tackled the weights one of those times (Hot Trainer Guy may have had some pull) and managed to injure myself by using more weight than my frail arms can handle. It was a struggle from start to finish and I just kept thinking how I'd much rather run another 26 miles than do one more rep of lat pulldowns. Hot Trainer Guy was in awe of my strength -- I'm sure that's why he hasn't introduced himself yet.

I went for another short four mile run yesterday. In the rain. It was refreshing. I'm sort of at a loss for what to do next. My desire to run is minimal. I do it to keep in shape but I'm bored. My friend and I discussed trying a spinning class or maybe I'll take up kick boxing. I need some variety.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spinning is such a dumb name for an exercise class. They should have called it endurobike class or something like that. Spinning makes it sound like you're weaving wool.