Saturday, October 20, 2007

Confusion is Fun

Thursdays are The Office and TheGuy night. As he was getting ready to leave that evening, my head suddenly filled with doubts and questions, as it does from time to time. Instead of addressing my concerns, when he asked what my weekend plans were, I hid under a blanket and mumbled something about not doing anything. You see, he always asks but not with the intent to take me on a date.

He then came over by me so I said, "I thought you were leaving," as I slowly emerged from safety. "I was but you seem sad," he replied. Sad wasn't the right word. More like baffled. With him but also myself. I'm a tough read. Mostly because I can't decide what I want half the time. It's a constant battle.

I had tentative plans with GC last night but never heard from her and didn't try to call her so when TheGuy texted to see what I was doing, we made plans to hang out. He was at a bar with some friends but said he wasn't gonna stay long.

We went to Santana's for some greasy food and then watched Knocked Up. He didn't stick around after the movie. In my overanalytical head, that would normally make me nervous but I don't think it had to do with me. He said he forgot his contact stuff which sounds like a lame excuse and easily could be, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I think it probably had more to do with the fact his allergies have been acting up due to my cat. Stupid Marley.

It's thoroughly confusing. He comes over and acts like a boyfriend but we don't talk about it. We don't really go on dates either. Yet things seem to be heading down the relationship track.

1 comment:

Milwaukee Girl said...

Ah, you've reached the full stage of Fuck Buddies. Hate to break it to you, but you gotta find a way to ask the question before you get in to deep. Why not with Halloween being right around the corner ask him to a scary movie?