Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Curiosity Killed the Cat

Ok, don't laugh, but TheGuy lives at home with his parents. Under any other circumstances, this would be an inexcusable dealbreaker but I've known him since I was 18. It's not like he's some unemployed loser watching his mom fold his laundry as he plays video games all day. He's got his bachelor's degree and then some, but like most I know, he's at a crossroads in life. Before he can make any moving-out decisions, he first has to decide whether he's going to leave the country for that teaching program.

His parents spend half the year at their second home down south so he doesn't have it too bad. They left last week so he offered to watch The Office at his house so I can see his kitten. I am so excited!!! I get to see the house he grew up in, his childhood bedroom, pictures of his family, and possibly meet his sister who lives there as well. I know that's a strange thing to get excited over, but I have been so curious for the longest time! If you know me, you know I should be enrolled in Snoopaholics Anonymous!

I'm extremely curious as to what others do in their day-to-day lives and one's dwelling/living situation speaks volumes. It's hard to believe, but I never saw TheGuy's dorm room in college. Come to think of it, he saw my dorm room freshmen, sophomore, and junior year. He graduated a year before me so he wasn't around when I was a senior. He also gave me a ride home once my freshmen year so he saw the outside of my parents' house.

When he was a senior, I attended parties at his place. He lived in the senior housing complex on campus which essentially is an apartment with a kitchen, living room, and four bedrooms, but they always kept their bedroom doors closed so I never saw the inside. Wait, I'm suddenly having a flashback where I possibly may have seen his room at one of those parties. I believe it may have been used as the coat room so that's why I was in there and we looked up something on his computer or I watched him check his instant messages on AIM. It's very foggy -- I have zero recollection of what the room looked like. Anyway, I also went to a couple parties at the house he lived in after college but never saw his bedroom.

I don't know, maybe I am a freak, but I am dying to see his house. I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

MD said...

He still lives in his original room? I thought at least he'd have the attic or basement!