Monday, September 24, 2007

Red Wine & Bling

Friday night we met at GC's house for her pre-party birthday celebration where we enjoyed lasagna, garlic bread, and wine. Heavy on the wine. We even brought a plastic to-go cup of red wine, or "the blood of Christ," in the car to share as communion for the ride to the bar. It reminded me of high school minus the Hot 100 and Peach Schnapps.

Our group of nine attractive females caused a bit of a scene as we hit up Bella first where the shots and drinks just kept on comin'. If they weren't supplied by the friendly bartenders, the old men at the bar were generously taking turns with rounds. I even wore a dress for the occasion!

We then moved on to club Aqua where we had reservations to rent a V.I.P. table, which essentially means you're obligated to buy two bottles of alcohol at completely unreasonable, jacked-up prices. I don't know what happened but within the first five minutes, I was out $110. I couldn't hear the scantily clad cocktail waitress' explanation over the booming bass as to why it ended up being so much, but what can you do? Regardless, GC's birthday was a ton of fun! She's one of my best friends and I love her to death.

Saturday was definitely more low-key, but just as fun. A break from the downtown scene was just what I needed. I met Stripes (my co-worker) and his roommate at Billy's where we enjoyed beer and darts. I hadn't played darts in three years, so I gave them fair warning of my sucky ability only to kick their asses in the countdown game. I don't even know if that's what it's called, but I amazed everyone, myself included, with my extreme talent -- ahem, beginners' luck.

I bumped into some of TheGuy's friends, one even played darts with us -- so it was good to catch up with them (we go way back). TheGuy stopped by later too and I did a very non-convincing job of telling him I got engaged. I found this huge fake ring in the bathroom and thought it would be funny to come out and tell everyone I was engaged. What can I say? I sometimes think I'm funny, especially when drunk. Clearly, I'm not.

So I just tried to take a picture of my ring and realized my camera screen is pitch-black. Wonderful.

No comments: