Monday, September 24, 2007

My Fortune Revealed

We went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch today. Deborah insisted we flip over our placemats because the sketch of the rat for the Chinese zodiac sign repulses her.

My fortune cookie said:

"You are serious about your emotional relationships but tend to be more reserved with your feelings."

This couldn't be more true of me.

TheGuy and I have been spending more time together but I'm still not sure what to make of it. He came over last Thursday 'cause we've been trying to catch up on season three of The Office before it starts this Thursday. While we were hanging out, I told him about the details of my raise at work since they finally decided to fill me in on them. The raise was actually more than I anticipated, but what surprised me more than anything was TheGuy's reaction. He hugged and kissed me and told me how happy he was for me. Twice.

If you know my ex-boyfriend of the last four years, you understand how this might be foreign to me. Picture the most inconsiderate person you know and multiply by ten -- you've got my ex. I dunno, it almost weirded me out a little that TheGuy was so happy for me. I am not used to that. Nor do I know the appropriate response. He even said, "I can't believe you're not more excited." Well, I still make less than I should and my job still sucks.

4 comments:

Milwaukee Girl said...

"You are serious about your emotional relationships but tend to be more reserved with your feelings." in bed. LOL.

I had chinese last night too with the BF :) We didn't read our fortunes though ...

So what are you going to do with TheGuy????

MD said...

Careful G, this one sounds like he's after your fortune!

Anonymous said...

Maybe all your marathon training has you looking hotter than ever. Being hot is a good way to get people to fake being nice.

MD said...

You could test him. Ask him to be your date to a pretend family function. If he says yes, then there's a chance he sees you as more than just a fun time.