Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Going on my Blog

Last night on the premiere of How I Met Your Mother, Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) desperately wanted to be Ted's (Josh Radnor) wingman, but when Barney realized Ted didn't need him, he scoffed, "This is going on my blog!"

I think this likely made all bloggers chuckle. In more than ways than one, blogging has changed the way I live my life. I dwell on every experience, situation and observation in search of my next blog topic. I constantly file away mental notes. Would this make for an interesting post? Memorize this conversation about why guys shouldn't order cheap beer. Wait, did Deborah eat 11 or 12 Pizza Hut cinnamon breadsticks? I must admit that my knack for recalling the most trivial details is instrumental in this regard. To my disadvantage, however, alcohol-induced memory loss often works against me so I work double time in many cases namely when I feel obligated to distinguish d-bag #1 from d-bag #2 and so forth. It's tough when you're drowning in a sea of them.

Having a blog can also be empowering. In retrospect the blogosphere is so gynormous that the majority of bloggers are minute specks, but if someone were to wrong you, you have the ability to publicly drag their name through the mud if you so desire. Or if nothing else, you can always threaten friends by saying, "This is going on my blog!" Behold my new motto.

4 comments:

MD said...

You could try mobile blogging, you could blog on the fly! I've played with it and It's pretty easy.

wearingthepants said...

I am unfamiliar, what is mobile blogging?

Anonymous said...

That quote from Barney is a throw-back to the series premiere where he mentioned a few things that would go in his blog.

Speaking of blogging, I have a blog dedicated to How I Met Your Mother. Check it out.

MD said...

Go to your dashboard, and on the mid to upper right hand side there's a small box that says "mobile blogging."

You can basically send text messages to your blog that will appear as posts.