Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Muggy & Buggy

Ambivalent about whether to work out later or not. I noticed a difference in my arms the tortuous two times I did weights not long ago so maybe I'll do the elliptical and weights today. I did 8 miles outdoors yesterday, but I was disappointed because I was aiming for a 12-miler. Unfortunately, the weather refused to cooperate so I cut the run short -- the last quarter of a mile turned downpour. I assume it was due to the return of the humidity, but there was a plague of little black bugs yesterday. I had bugs in my hair, in my mouth, caught in my mascara, clinging to my tanktop. Every time I looked down, I had to shake off two or three bugs stuck in the thread of my shirt. If that weren't enough of a distraction, my stride was off since I failed to resist checking out every biker that passed me by in case it happened to be MJ. It creeps me out to know he sees me and I don't see him. At least I know he doesn't sport a spandex unitard -- yes, my friend inquired.

So the real reason I want to skip the gym today is so I can return a pair of jeans I bought a couple weeks ago. Standing before the dressing room mirror, I recall how flattering the jeans were, accentuating just the right places, and how I was loving the dark denim and yellow stitching. I tried on the jeans Saturday night, thinking it would be the perfect time to break them in, only to be horrified by the reflection staring back at me. Clearly, something drastic happened between the store and my apartment -- as if the length and flare of the jeans shrunk by two inches! How does this happen?!? At the time of purchase, I was of sober state of mind. Must be trick mirrors in department stores. Never been so anxious to return an article of clothing in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seeing bugs everywhere you look, are you sure you aren't on a bad acid trip?