Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Is Summer Over Yet?

Still fired up from yesterday, I've now made seven calls to my apartment complex, all with the same end result: voicemail. The imbeciles in the the office never pick up the damn phone. I don't know what they're doing in there, but I assure you it doesn't qualify as working! How do I know? I'll save it for another time, I could write a novel...

Why I'm cranky today:


1.) Relentless humidity. It figures I picked the absolute worst summer for outdoor running as I train for my first marathon.

2.) My hair. Ever since I saw my friend's hair on Sunday, I want to dye mine dark again. She came up with the perfect color combo! I've decided mine looks awful.

3.) Qwest. See why Qwest sucks.

4.) Gawkerville, U.S.A.
Now that the road near the bridge is open, my apartment complex had to hire security to direct traffic and keep gawkers and gawker jr's (what kind of people bring their kids to the scene?) off the property. These people are like a herd of cows -- huddled together in the middle of the road -- with no regard whatsoever for vehicles. Perhaps I'll see how many of these tools I can take out today.

5.) No more facebook at work.

2 comments:

MD said...

Humidity SUCKS! At least we're all suffering, HA! I felt like I was walking through warm water this morning.

What's up with Facebook at work?

wearingthepants said...

It used to be the only fun site that wasn't blocked, but I guess they expect us to work or something.