Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Got Food?

My 'Oh-So-Exciting' Evening:

- The personal trainer half-smiled at me as we crossed paths on the stairs at the club. Courtesy smile, indeed, but hey, I'll take what I can get!

- I went grocery shopping. If any guests open my refrigerator in the next 168 hours, they'll be in for the shock of their lives. My fridge is stocked from top to bottom with actual FOOD. Not with cans and cans of diet soda, but non-expired, perfectly edible food. After six months of avoiding an all-out grocery trip, my most hated chore, I sucked it up yesterday. In equally shocking news, I made my lunch today. And it's not peanut butter and jelly. I brought bow tie pasta with spinach, tomato, red onion, cilantro, feta and Italian Wish Bone Salad Spritzer.

When it comes to diet and exercise, the latter is so much easier than the I-see-something-I like, I-must-eat-it part. I love food. Don't people work out so they can eat whatever they want and not gain a pound?? In my head, this is true. I love vegetables, I really do, but laziness overcomes my desire for the green stuff -- too much prep work. By the time I get home from the gym, I'm inclined to scarf down whatever takes the least amount of time to prepare. Hopefully, I intend to change that by grocery shopping on a regular basis (at least for veggies) and packing my lunch the night before work. However, I've set this goal many-a-time before with zero success rate.

- Watched Big Brother.
If you're wondering why you haven't seen any posts on my favorite show, it's because I'm waiting for something to happen! Those in charge of casting should be fired ASAP. Unless, that is, CBS instructed them to find 14 of the most boring people on the planet and stick them in a house together. I honestly couldn't care less who wins at this point -- they're all sticks in the mud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the fruit and vegtable prep times. I keep a bunch of canned fruit and corn/green beans in the cupbord, just because it's all fairly quick to make.

I watched the Big Brother last week, everyone was hanging upside down durring some kind of challenge. That gives you a great view of the chicks hooters, and that was great. But other than that, it wasn't very interesting...