Monday, August 6, 2007

Customer Dissatisfaction

Dear Qwest,

You have the WORST customer service. After sitting on hold for 17 minutes, repeatedly hearing how valuable my call is, the phone finally rang several times, only to sound like someone picked up -- then hung up!

Good thing for online customer service help. Right?

Becky L.: My name is Becky L. How may I help you today?

Me: I'd like to know why my monthly payment increased from $39.99 to $59.99
Me: Did your rates go up by $20?

Becky L.: Let me look at that for you.
Becky L.: It appears that your DSL promotion is up. You can sign up for the two year agreement, and lock in the Price for Life, and get the lower price.

Me: What other internet service options do you have that are less expensive than $60?

Becky L.: If you want to keep the speed you have you can sign up for the two year agreement and get the lower price. Otherwise you have to lower your speed.
Becky L.: Please click here to view Qwest Broadband prices.



Note: I clicked her link to arrive at this screen, only to be even more confused. No prices? Little explanation? Perhaps this is their way to force you to call and speak to a customer service rep trained to persuade you to upgrade your service. The only kink in their plan is that once you get through on their customer service line, they disconnect you.

Me: How much is it for the 1.5 mbps speed?

Becky L.: $36.99 is the price of the Standalone DSL, 1.5M.

Me: Can I do that on a month-to-month basis?

Becky L.: If your lower your speed, you won't get it for that price, the normal price is $49.99, so if you were going to lower it, you wouldn't get the lower price, unless you did the Price for Life.

Me: I don't want price for life. So the price is $49.99 for month-to-month?

Becky L.: Yes, that is correct.

That was one hell of a frustrating convo with many delayed responses on her end.

Becky L., I realize you're just doing your job in enticing me to sign up for the Price for Life, but my life is much too unstable for a two-year commitment.

Ok, the ex is the one who set up the internet way back when so I had no idea my monthly rate of $39.99 was part of a promotion plan. Is it just me or is $50-$60 a lot of money to spend exclusively on internet?? They probably have better packaged deals that include LAN lines and cable, but I don't need/want either. My apartment complex limits the internet/cable providers residents can use. I'm feeling very ripped off.

Argh, this is NOT the first time I've been frustrated with Qwest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dump em, and get a new carrier!

MD said...

Crraaaazy! 60 is absolutely ridiculous!!!

wearingthepants said...

I would, but Qwest is the only internet provider my apartment allows us to go through. That's how it used to be anyway, I'm double-checking tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Mmm, I think there are laws protecting your right to choose an internet carrier now. You should have an option to get a DSL line through your phone provider or a cable modem through your Cable provider at the very least.