Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Case of the Drunk Hiccups

There is a guy. Sort of. Not really. I don't know. It's never been established. He's a friend of mine from college that I started hanging out with in March. God, has it been that long? At the time, I was still getting used to the fact I was single and my former live-in boyfriend had moved 8,000 miles away. TheGuy and I hooked up once in college, my freshmen year. Surprisingly never awkward, we always remained friends, chatting when we'd bump into one another on campus and crazy house parties.

We casually kept in touch over the past few years and after meeting a couple times for drinks, our status went from 'friends' to 'friends with benefits'. Thus it's been an ongoing thing from that point on. I've briefly mentioned him here and there, but strayed from identifying him since it's a slippery slope. In fact, I was certain things were over not too long ago. There was about a three-week span where we didn't see or speak to one another -- just a few cryptic texts and emails exchanged.

Nonetheless, things are ok. I think. So Friday night, TheGuy had been out celebrating with friends, arriving at my place with a good buzz. We watched an episode of The Office and for the second time, he asked if I'd make out with Pam (Jenna Fischer). He's got a huge thing for her.

TheGuy: If you had to make out with her, would you?

Me: If I had to? Like if there were a gun to my head?

TheGuy: Well, no. But would you make out with her?

Me: Probably not.

TheGuy: Are you sure?

The humorous part of the evening transpired as we were about to go to bed. I was in the bathroom washing my face when I heard him hiccup. Again. And again. And again.

Me: Haha, you have the drunk hiccups.

TheGuy: No I don't. I have the regular hiccups.

Me: You're drunk -- you have the drunk hiccups.

He'd never heard of the drunk hiccups. Have you ever tried to make out with someone with drunk (or regular) hiccups? He'd go to kiss me, hiccup, and I'd giggle like a schoolgirl. At one point, he hiccuped directly in my ear! It echoed. I burst into laughter. I can still hear it in my head. While it may have been frustrating and a major turn-off for others in my position, I found it hysterical and sort of cute in an odd way. I'm odd like that.

Hiccup cures we discussed:

1. Scare tactic
2. Drinking from the opposite side of glass
3. Spoonful of sugar
3. Holding one's breath
4. Spoonful of peanut butter

He didn't have to resort to any of the above, but here are more hiccup cures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the blowjob method on there.

MD said...

Ah yes, that method can fix A LOT of problems!

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link