Thursday, July 5, 2007

Mid-week Weekend

Since Tuesday was like a Saturday night with the mid-week break, I enjoyed a night of fun with friends and booze. GC and I decided to take advantage of the Tuesday night specials downtown.

$4 martinis at The Loop = loopy. I had two cosmos plus three mixed drinks. But I felt like I had 12 drinks in all. It'd been a long time since I was that intoxicated. I got to meet GC's roommate and guy friend who were both really cool.

After appetizers and strong cocktails, a small group of us went to the club NV. It was interesting to say the least. Soon after we walked in, my guy friend turned to me and said, "Is it Indian night?" I told him to ask GC, but I failed to hear her response over the reverberating bass. The majority of the crowd was, in fact, Indian. Music selection was unusual -- I hadn't heard any of it before, but the Indians seemed to be down with it. In fact, one guy was so into it, he even broke it all the way down to the floor. Very entertaining!

If I were subject to hangovers, I'd put more thought into the consequences of my drinking, but somehow or another, I bounce back without so much as a headache. Of course, there have been times that proved otherwise, but it's fairly rare. I got up yesterday at 7:30 am and walked to my car. I felt much better knowing my car was where I left it, still parked at the meter outside the bar. It took me a while to get going, but after changing into my workout clothes and procrastinating by playing with Marley for thirty minutes, I ran six miles. I've been slacking lately so it felt good to have a decent run. I would've gone further if I hadn't been so dehydrated. Hmm...I wonder why.

The afternoon could've been a productive one, but instead I watched my soap opera, Young and the Restless, took a nap, and watched The Devil Wears Prada. I can't stand Anne Hathaway, but I couldn't help but be curious about the movie so I bought it when it was on sale at Target last week. It fell flat, just like I thought it would. It had the potential to be better, but it was pretty blah. I'm sure the book is much, much better. Maybe I'll check it out if I ever decide to pick up a book and read again.

My friend and I went to dinner and then we watched the fireworks outside my apartment. Last year, we watched them from the Stone Arch Bridge, but we were packed in like sardines so it wasn't the most enjoyable experience. This year, we took a chance and camped out on a blanket on a small incline that turned out to be the perfect view!

Oh, yesterday also marked Deborah's birthday. On Tuesday, I brought in a Bakers Square cherry pie (her favorite) and vanilla ice cream -- you'd have thought she won 50 grand playing the lottery. She made sure to keep it hidden so she wouldn't have to share.

My friend captured this pic on her camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is Rania, Twenty, Tunisian. I study English at college. And I just wanted to say happy 4th of July to you and to to all Americans. Weird? Yeah maybe but I love America. Bye!

MD said...

Happy birthday Deborah! Enjoy your birthday pie, though it sounds like EVERY DAY is your birthday, right??