Tuesday, May 1, 2007

5 Days Later...

I did 6 miles in 54:28! Still not that great of a time, but a vast improvement from my prior record. Upset with myself for skipping 5 consecutive days, I took out my aggression on the treadmill. For the last 1/2 a mile, I even cranked the speed to 6.9. Pretty sure the highest I'd EVER had it before today was 6.7. The weather was beautiful today too, but I forced myself to go to the club because I actually push myself there.

I'd like to buy a heart rate monitor watch, but haven't done enough research on them yet. I really need to get serious and keep track of my splits. I'll be more motivated outdoors that way.

Old habits die hard. Once again, I failed to stretch so I could be in pain tomorrow!

Update: I ran so hard today my favorite Old Navy running shorts chafed my waistline! It hurts. Sigh.

2 comments:

MD said...

Don't give in! Once you start stretching, you admit you're old and it's all downhill from there! Don't just do this for yourself, do it for all those older than you, clinging onto their youth!!

Funny thing, a friend from work hurt his back reaching for a cup of water in his cube. He's three years younger than me...

wearingthepants said...

Good thing I don't drink water!

My calf muscle hurts today. No charley horse though, not yet anyway.