Wednesday, April 25, 2007

New Record

I was dreading going back indoors to the treadmill yesterday, but I had positive results. Usually it takes me a long time to build up speed, gradually increasing with each mile. But I started off strong, running at 6.5. Then at the 2-mile mark, my shoelace came untied. Could there be anything more annoying?!? I always pause my machine because I don't trust myself to be able to get back on at the same pace without falling off. So I lost all my momentum and struggled the next couple miles to regain my stride. It did get easier, however, around 5 miles, particularly when I realized I was beating my old record from a few weeks ago when I mentioned doing 6 miles in 57:18. This time I did 6 in 55:24, so I was very pleased!! Oh, and I was surrounded by three men, all of whom I outran. Must have been the new techno workout album I downloaded from iTunes.

No comments: