Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I'm Back

Another humdrum day at work. I am in a drab mood. And yes, in case anyone is reading this, I suck for not blogging. I will try to make up for it today. So this is just a random post of what I've been up to.

My workouts have nearly been non-existent. Friday after work, I exited the freeway early because traffic was slowed much more so than usual. That turned out to be a big mistake. With the building of the new Gopher stadium, there is all this construction underway on University. Due to closed lanes, I sat in even more traffic than I would have encountered had I stayed on the freeway. Of course I chose to wear a black sweater that day and the sun was beating down on me so I was impatiently miserable. By the time I got home, running was at the bottom of my priority list. So I skipped Friday and Saturday.

Sunday I got up early with my dog, Brody, and we went for a run through my parents' neighborhood, but he was difficult to manage. Running before me, he zig-zagged his way from one mailbox to the next, sniffing out every little scent he caught wind of. It was a short, slow run. I had to go back to my parents' yesterday after work because I forgot my phone charger so I tried running with him again, and it was another awful run. Last week I ran outside every day but I know that I don't run as hard as when I am on the treadmill, so I think today I will hit the gym in hopes of a good workout.

Spent most of the weekend hanging out with the dogs, Max and Brody. My parents were in Menomonie visiting my brother at Stout for parents' weekend. They were good boys except for when Brody decided to ditch me and took off 90 miles an hour so I had to chase him down.

I caught up on a lot of TV/movies. I watched Entourage, The Office, Notes on a Scandal, Stranger Than Fiction, Weeds. Ever since my friend told me about this site, where you can watch TV shows and movies without downloading them, I've been a frequent visitor. Weeds is such a phenomenal show. The characters are all so unique and fully developed, and the dialogue so witty and humorous. I don't get Showtime or HBO or even MTV for that matter, so I am behind on the good shows. I had been eagerly waiting for the second season of Weeds to come out on DVD, but now I don't have to! After Weeds, I plan to watch Six Feet Under, which I've seen a few episodes of, but can't wait to watch the rest on the site.

No comments: