Sunday, April 22, 2007

Stranger Than Fiction Review

This will be short and sweet. Finally got around to seeing this movie after hearing so many mixed reviews. For the most part, people I know enjoyed it, but I was hesitant since many writers bashed it. I understand their disdain, but I think they are probably more focused on how it portrays the writing process. Given the unbelievable storyline, I thought it was a pretty decent movie. I liked Will Ferrell. I thought he was good in a role that wasn't over-the-top. Funny, yet made you think, original. My favorite part is when Harold Crick (Will Ferrell) decides to take up the guitar and the book narrator, Kay Eiffel (Emma Thompson), describes what all the different guitars say about the guitarist who plays them. Coincidentally, learning to play guitar is on my to-do list as well. Oh, and Maggie Gyllenhaall looked very cute.

No comments: