Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Blah Kind of Day

Decided to brave the cold and headed outside yesterday. The temperature was perfect for me, but I could've done without the wind. All in all, it was a decent run. I was expecting to be sore from Monday, but to my pleasant surprise, I wasn't. I intended to take it easy, but ran further than planned because the fresh air was a nice change of pace. Mostly hard-core runners were out (me being an exception), dressed in their spandex leggings and matching jackets, but the weather wasn't so bad, probably looked much worse than it was. Here's hoping for nicer weather come Running of the Pigs!

My energy level has taken a dive. I don't share the same enthusiasm I once did. A month ago, I remember actually looking forward to my workouts. That feeling has dissipated. Now it is back to feeling more like a chore. I mean, you still feel great afterwards, but I never really see much results. I'm not really trying to lose weight, just build muscle and get toned. My arms and upper body need work, but I despise lifting. Eventually, I'll be forced to add weights to my workouts. It's great to know I can run 6 miles now, but just feeling sort of apathetic at the moment. Maybe it's the weather today.

No comments: