Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Accident-Prone

Last night during a commercial break of The King of Queens, I took my trash to the garbage chute, located waaay at the opposite end of the hallway. Not wanting to miss a split-second of the final 7 episodes, I rushed back, giving a forceful shove to open the metal door of my apartment only to unexpectedly slam into the closet door I'd partially left ajar. Right before the two doors collided, my left hand got wedged between the two, so my fingers took the brunt of the force. Still a little sore today. Had another mishap this morning with the other hand. While taking a bottle of water out of the refrigerator, my ring got caught on a plastic piece that is part of interior of the fridge. Not exactly sure of the purpose of this hook-shaped part, but I have a scar on my right hand from a scrape several months back. Hopefully I don't slip and break a bone today with the way things are going.

p.s. why do we add a "d" when we abbreviate "refrigerator?"

No comments: