Friday, March 7, 2008

Work It Out

After taking a long hiatus from working out, and noticing my shirts and pants puckering in places they were once roomy, I forced myself to go to the gym last night. It was a crummy workout, as to be expected when you slack off for months. I ran three miles, pausing several times for various reasons such as water break, muscle cramp, or to mop up my drool from staring at the hot personal trainer. Still gorgeous as ever.

The thing I was most pleased about was how much more energized I felt after the gym. Some days after work, I get home, plop down on the couch, stuff my face, watch Young & the Restless, and stalk my junior high crushes on the internet. Yesterday after I worked out, I went to Old Navy and bought a couple pair of running shorts, got home and showered, made myself a salad for dinner, watched Young & the Restless, cleaned up a bit, made my lunch for today, and did some ironing. I didn't even feel sleepy like I normally do. For most people, this is probably a typical day, but that was super productive for my lazy ass.

This is the worst part -- trying to get back into the swing of things when you're out of shape, but once you're over the hump and you've integrated exercise into your daily routine, it's not so bad and I fully intend to do so. Plus I am planning to sign up for Twin Cities Marathon again so the sooner, the better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Running gives me energy and a positive attitued, too. But I've chosen to ignore that awesome engergy and still be lazy afterword. It's winter, how depressing is this season? Very for me.

Anonymous said...

You still stalk your junior high crushes? That's sexy.