Thursday, February 7, 2008

Next Thursday

When TheGuy asked if I wanted to do something "next Thursday," it threw me for a loop. Was he saying he could no longer do something "this Thursday" and that "next Thursday" would work better? It wasn't until I glanced at my calendar that I noticed next Thursday's date, the 14th. Should I tell him of my strong dislike for the holiday?

I told him he has to plan it, but I couldn't bring myself to tell him I'm not a big fan of V-Day. We don't exactly sit around and talk about our feelings. Ha, I've never been one of "those couples." We haven't even officially declared we're together. So really I'm using this absurd fake holiday as a test of our relationship. As much as it kills me to bite my tongue and not make fun of personalized candy hearts in his presence, I'm simply dying of curiosity to see what he will do. I'll just feel a tad guilty after the fact when I admit to hating all hearts, red and white, and that I would've been satisfied with the Burger King drive-thru.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uk, Verga king does not a dinner make.

Milwaukee Girl said...

It's Next Thursday - what happened?

MD said...

yah mon, it's been a friggin week!