Friday, November 2, 2007

That One Time We Hooked Up in College

I thought it might be amusing to share the story of "that one time TheGuy and I hooked up in college." It is best described in three parts.

Part I - Worst Night of my Life

One night my senior year of high school, my friend Lola and I went out with her Sort-of-Love Interest and his friends. It involved chugging Bacardi Limon from the bottle, getting kicked out of a bowling alley, Lola and I repeatedly puking in the backseat of Sort-of-Love's Interest's friend's car, AND getting caught by our parents. To date, it goes down as the worst night of my life.

Part II - "The Girl that Puked"

A few weeks before I started college, Lola and I were leaving the bowling alley (NOT the one we were thrown out of) when we bumped into some of the guys we may or may not have puked on. I was too mortified to look any of them in the eye.

Sometime during the fall of my freshmen year of college, I was approached by TheGuy at a house party. He asked if I knew his friend, Lola's Sort-of-Love Interest, so I said, "yes." TheGuy introduced himself as a friend of Lola's Sort-of-Love Interest and said he recognized me from the bowling alley (again, NOT the one we were thrown out of). As you can imagine, he'd heard plenty of stories. After that, how do you not put the vomit to the face?

Part III - Cheese, Interrupted

A month or so later, I was at a house party with my friend and her high school friends that were in town. At some tipsy point in the night, TheGuy and I got to talking which must've led to flirting and it was somehow decided we were gonna "watch a movie." A phrase college kids know all too well.

So he came back to my dorm room and we made out in the sloppy drunk kind of way. Anyway after "God-only-knows-how-long," my friend from the party showed up and began pounding on my door. As in, she balled up her fist, maybe both, and used it/them to bang on my door. And in her slightly louder than average voice, she called my name. Over and over. When I realized she wasn't giving up, I let her in. She stumbled in without so much as a second glance at TheGuy, and announced she came for "the cheese." I know what you're thinking. Was "cheese" code for our stash of paraphernalia? Not quite.

Her eyes lit up, as she proudly held up "the cheese."



She then proceeded to eat tortilla chips and cheese whilst recounting all the funny happenings I missed as a result of ditching the party early. She kept saying, "You shouldn't have left." I have no idea what must have been going on in TheGuy's mind at the time but I can only imagine. Eventually, she realized her friends were probably waiting for her to return so she left.

It wasn't until the following day that her oblivion to the situation dawned on her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have broken that post up over a couple of days. Thirty posts in a month is a lot.... pace yourself.