Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pouch Be Gone

I've got this wedding coming up. I tried on my bridesmaid dress last weekend only to realize that directly below the hanging ivory sash accentuates my FUPA (Fat Upper Pelvic Area). My pouch, if you will. Seriously. I'm slumped over in my chair right now to avoid overhang. For the record, I am not calling myself "fat" (I know better, people throw a fit) but I could stand to drop 5-10 pounds.

I can certainly afford to cut back on my portion sizes. It's no secret that I have a hearty appetite, as my family and friends can attest to. Particularly when it comes to pasta which I have been eating by the mound fulls lately (not mouth, mound). And I don't quit eating when I'm full. I intentionally make more than I can eat -- I like food way too much. I've never tried to diet. The thought alone makes me cranky but I've decided I should at least make an effort to eat healthier, smaller portions. Baby steps.

3 comments:

MD said...

If this "FUPA" actually exists, I got two words fo' ya

DUCT TAPE.


You're welcome. Or how about you just wear a ballerina outfit over the dress?

ruby said...

dude. i can relate all too well.

meh.

Michelle said...

I can do crunches all day and the FUPA does not change. It is wrong, I tell you, WRONG!