Sunday, November 18, 2007

Grrr = Growl

It’s TheGuy’s birthday today so ever since last Wednesday, I’d been asking him what his celebratory plans entailed. He kept saying he didn’t know. I inquired again Friday afternoon, thinking he would go out Saturday night, but he said he wasn’t feeling well so he was only going to go out if he was feeling better. I texted him Saturday night and he wrote back at 7:30 saying he still didn’t know and was going to take a nap and then decide. A couple hours later, I texted again. And again. No response. Stupidly and regrettably, I’d held off on making plans thinking I would meet up with him later. Then after no word, I was mad so I just went to bed.

Naturally I assumed he went out. How do you not go out on your birthday?? Unless you’ve got SARS or Bird Flu. I sent another not-so-nice follow-up text today about blowing me off. He didn’t reply until 6:30 and all he said was, “Sorry, I was just in a bad mood last night, I only went out for a little while.” First of all, how can you be in a bad mood on your birthday?? That’s just not right. I think he just wanted to keep me away from his friends or more importantly, maybe a female friend. I don’t know. Was he faking illness all along? I was with him Thursday night and he wasn’t sick. Even if you’re in a bad mood, you can have the common courtesy to text someone back. He knows from experience that that sets me off. It’s just plain rude.

When things like this occur, I do one of two things: (1) avoid the person at all costs (2) brush it off and forget it ever happened. I’m really pissed and annoyed right now but I’m sure he’ll apologize again and I’ve got this soft spot for him so I have a hard time staying mad so it may fade by the time I wake up tomorrow. I had an inkling something like this was bound to happen in the near future. Given he's a male, he was destined to disappoint sooner or later.

4 comments:

MD said...

WHOA, let's not go taking shots at genders here. Do you really want to start that fight girlie?

Yeah, that sounds odd. Did you buy him a gift? I think I already know the answer to that one. But on the off chance you did, can I have it?

You never know kid, maybe he really was in a bad mood from someone else (like a crazy mother perhaps?) and didn't want to have you around him when he's pissy.

Or maybe he's a jerk and you should burn down his apt.

It could go either way.

Milwaukee Girl said...

Being a Christmas baby I'm often cranky on my big day - but I always go out even if it's by myself.

MD said...

A Christmas baby? OH NO! Does that mean people try to gyp you by giving one gift?

Anonymous said...

Ha, I think you are putting more into this relationship then he is. Didn't this start as a friend with benefits kind of thing?