Saturday, November 24, 2007

Fan Mail (not really)

I am supposed to be out celebrating my 27th birthday (early, not 'til Tuesday) but instead I'm at home dozing in front of the TV, popping aspirin and drinking lots of fluids. I hate being sick. Not fun.

TheGuy came over last night. I was about to pop in the Love Actually DVD when I remembered my good buddy md was kind enough to send me one of his favorite shows.

Me: Have you ever seen "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?"

TheGuy: No, but I really want to.

Me: Well, this is gonna sound kind of weird, but this guy I know through my blog sent me DVDs of the show.

TheGuy: You have a stalker?

Me: No, it's not like that.

TheGuy: Are you really famous online for your blog? Like Perez Hilton or something?

Me: [opening package] Hardly, but C-Sharp often refers to me as Perez or the paparazzi.

Me: [pulling out hand-written note] Here's my fan mail. 'Hey WTP, Hope you like this show as much as I do, or I'll never speak to you again. -- md.'

Me: [laughing] That's really funny.

TheGuy: Have you ever met him?

Me: No, he lives in Connecticut.

Me: Well, here is disc 3 and here's disc 2, but I don't see disc 1. That's kind of strange.

TheGuy: What do you think is weirder? That he didn't send disc 1 or that some guy from your blog sent you them in the first place?

Me: Mmm, I don't think it's that weird.

TheGuy: When are you going to give me your blog link?

Me: [pained look] Uh...

Throughout the evening, TheGuy kept turning to me and saying, "Don't you think this show is hilarious?" Yes, indeedy. Funny stuff. Good thing too, now md will have to find another excuse to stop talking to me.

3 comments:

ruby said...

oy.

Michelle said...

First, I need to know how long you have known md online. I want to know when I can start expecting gifts.

Then, I am tagging you for 7 Random Facts About Yourself.

MD said...

Nice Try SHW, I tried tagging her a few weeks back!

She gets disc one when we get 7 facts!