Friday, October 5, 2007

In Looking Back

Feelings of nostalgia swept over me as I did my final six-mile run Wednesday evening. I've run the same course every training day for the last 90 days. Some may find that boring, but I prefer it. I like knowing exactly where I've come from, how far I have left to go, and where it is I need to get back to. This last year has been a huge transition and that was a major motivator for me. Had I taken training more seriously (less drinking, more miles), I would be in a better position from a physical standpoint. But I don't regret any of it. The fact remains I haven't enjoyed myself this much since college. If running this marathon meant sacrificing all the fun from my life, it wouldn't have been worth it to me. My goal is simply to finish.

I stuck to my plan of doing 3-4 miles last night, then relaxing 'til Sunday. For the first time since he told me he always sees me running, I saw the bartender from Psycho Suzy's biking last night. I'd stopped looking for him so it was weird that I happened to see him on my last day of training. Hopefully it's some sort of positive sign or something! I'm nervous, anxious, and excited all rolled into one.

Not sure if I'll feel like posting the next few days so just wanted to say thanks to all who have listened to my venting and offered support!

5 comments:

Milwaukee Girl said...

Yeah for you! We are all so proud!

ruby said...

i'm so excited for you!

MD said...

Kick some ass girl!

MD said...

Are you running like, right now? Awesome! I'm gonna go eat some oreos, you keep running!

ruby said...

so.... ???? how was it????? i hear it was HOT.