Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What's your Type?

When someone asks what my "type" is (in my top five of most annoying questions), I know it's cliché, but I don't have one. What I do know, is that I tend to weed out the undesirables first. What can I say? I'm a glass half-empty type of gal.

As far as physical attributes, I'm traditionally a sucker for the tall, dorky white boys with spiky hair and sideburns. However, the first test is whether I can stand to be in the same room as the guy without wanting to jab pencils through both my eyes. Given my irritable nature, this proves challenging. When forced to spend an extended period of time with others, I often hit my breaking point. Hence the reason I have so few friends.

What I DON'T look for in a guy:

Clingy
More feminine than myself
Push-over
Overly sensitive (namely to deflect my sarcasm and aloofness)
Uptight
Arrogant
Untrustworthy
Tightwad
Needy
Tries too hard
Pretentious

If I detect one or more of the aforementioned traits, the temptation to run the opposite direction will be overwhelming. Now I realize I'm no gem -- guys must be willing to put up with an awful lot from me (I make out with dogs) -- but I'll save that for a future post!

1 comment:

MD said...

I see "pimply" isn't on that list!