Sunday, September 16, 2007

Recipe for Fun

This weekend was one long run-on sentence so here is Part II of my last post, as the weekend took an unexpected turn of events. I wrote that hungover post while I waited for GC and my guy friend C-Sharp to awake from their respective sofas. The first words out of GC's mouth were: "Why the hell is there a shopping cart in here?" Did I mention she was wearing a dress?

So after we collected ourselves (as best we could), we took a cab to the parking ramp where I'd parked my car. Not only had I arrived downtown from a foreign direction, but I'd parked in a ramp I'd NEVER parked in before. With a buzz. Those conditions don't exactly mix. So it was a game of "Dude, where's my car?" There we were: three scrubs, GC lugging around a paper bag of her clothes, roaming the parking lot looking like we'd just done the walk of shame listening for the panic mode (blaring, repetitive honks) of my Jeep trying to figure out where the hell the echo was coming from. We went from level 3 to 4 to 5 to the basement level to 1 and then FINALLY we checked the 2nd level. Success.

By then we were famished, so we hit up The Bad Waitress. Food has never been more satisfying. And I possibly have never laughed so hard. We could have our own comedy routine. If I tried to recap the hilarity, the humor wouldn't translate.

GC was up for doing something totally random (like Como Zoo or Underwater World) but when she learned C-Sharps's family had a cabin, she was dead-set on going there...in the next couple hours. So the spontaneous trio did just that. We all went home, showered, packed and were off to The Hamptons (at least, that's what we told ourselves). As GC stated: "It's a vacation in our minds."

Recipe for Lake Cabin Fun:

1 bottle of wine
1 jar of sangria
1 game of rummy
5 iPod plays of Shake That Ass by Booty Bass (cue Augie's strippers)
4 cheeseburgers, 6 brats, 1 bag of Old Dutch Mesquite BBQ chips, 1 bag of tortilla chips, 1 jar of Byerly's salsa, 1 bag of Twizzlers licorice, 1 bag of [nasty] candy pumpkins and 1 bag of Reese's peanut butter cups (eating so much you'd have thought we were preparing for a famine)
1 $3.99 (+ package of double A batteries) light-up green "Ghostie" bought at County Market
10 extra rummy points awarded to C-Sharp doing "the move"
1 long list of crazy business ideas
3 props to Zubaz, Starter jackets, and Air Jordans

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! How's all that food effecting your runs? Haha. That reminds me of when Steph and I smoked and ate EVERYTHING in shight. Fave munchies : roll of cookie dough.