Thursday, September 27, 2007

Positive Thinking

I've been trying to compile a list of positive thoughts for when I run the marathon. This doesn't come easy for me (the eternal pessimist) so I best be prepared.

1. Getting my first book published. Nothing could ever be more validating than this day. Nothing.

2. My family's 13-yr-old golden retriever Max. He's got the biggest heart. Struggle as he may, his unconditional love for his family is what keeps him going.

3. My grandpa (mom's side). He passed away a couple years ago. While we were never close, I deeply admired him. He came from nothing but his drive and work ethic led him to great success.

4. Love and support of family and friends (blogger friends included).

5. Beating Jordan B. in the 50 yard dash in 7th grade. When I got to the finish line, I was running so fast I couldn't stop and fell to my knees.

6. This blog. It's cheaper than therapy and forces me to write.

7. My grandpa (dad's side). He's one of the kindest people I know. It's heartbreaking to watch him get older.

8. All my hard work training. It will finally pay off.

9. My 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Thompson. Commendable role model, she taught me to read and write and so much more.

10. Overwhelming sense of accomplishment for running 26.2 miles.

2 comments:

*kb* said...

You left one very important thing out...post race you get to PIG out and it's all FREE!! :-) Good luck!!! I'd tell ya to enjoy...but...ah, nevermind! ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE MAX!