Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Standing Still

I loathe this time of year: the dreadful reminder that, "Hey, guess what? Another year passed you by and you've done jack since college!"

I'm bombarded by the fluster of college kids moving in and out of my building (note to my new neighbors: pounding nails into the wall at 11:30 is not the best way to make friends!), stumbling drunks on the lawns of frat houses, and students' high-pitched squeals of, "OMG! HOW WAS YOUR SUMMER? WE NEED TO HANG OUT AND PARTY!" as they stock up on household necessities at the local Target.

What do I get? A notice taped to my door informing me it's almost time to sign a new lease. Seriously? Where did the last year of my life go? Scratch that -- where did the last 4 years go??

3 comments:

Milwaukee Girl said...

Uck. The gentle reminder of fleeting age! SOB!

Anonymous said...

at least someone else feels the same way! shake those squealers and tell 'em to NEVER wish to be out of college!

MD said...

Here's your chance to begin your ascent to crazy-cat-lady-dom! Stand in the hall in a robe, curlers, and fuzzy slippers and scream at them to keep it down or they'll wake your cat!