Sunday, July 15, 2007

Stuff and Things



Friday morning before work, I dropped off Marley at the vet so he could get declawed and neutered. He had to stay overnight, which I initially didn't think would be a big deal, but I missed the little guy like crazy! I'm so used to him following my every move and curling up on my lap when I watch TV and snuggling under my chin while I sleep that it was awfully lonely without him.

Happy to report his surgery went smoothly and he is recovering nicely. It struck me as odd when the vet said they used glue as opposed to stitches for both procedures. I guess that must be the preferred method these days. I have to say I just LOVE going to the vet clinic and seeing pet owners with their pets. It's always a delight and an added bonus is that you can't help but beam when your animal receives compliments even though you had absolutely nothing to do with their genetic makeup!!

I'm also happy to report my apartment has never been cleaner. It took multiple days, but I really scrubbed everything down and boy, did it need it! I feel as though I should take a picture, for it may never be this clean again.

I found myself at a "party" Friday night where the conversation revolved around World of Warcraft. The invite was extended from a guy at work, "Stripes," as Deborah and I refer to him since every day, without fail, he wears a striped shirt, usually short-sleeve polos. I can hang with the dorks, but this was borderline for me. I felt extremely out of place, so I only stayed for one vodka/cherry 7-up drink (the hard liquor supply was limited) and got the hell out of there.

I felt guilty when Stripes profusely apologized for boring me and tried to convince me to stay, but that wasn't happening. When I went to leave, Stripes walked me out, and then akwardly enough, two of his buddies trailed behind, one of them (who reminded me of a blonde Hamilton Porter from The Sandlot) saying, "We all came to say good-bye." Oh, and did I mention Stripes girlfriend was present at the party? Another interesting party attendee happened to be Stripes' new roommate, the girlfriend of his friend/roommate, whom he met playing World of Warcraft. How sweet is that?

10 comments:

MD said...

What a minute. How did these dorks land girlfriends? They must be really funny, huh? Or rich?

wearingthepants said...

Fellow dorks, I believe. :) I mean, c'mon, the one couple met playing WoW!!

Milwaukee Girl said...

He's insanely cute by the way!

Anonymous said...

Aah, geeks are awesome. Just think, if they spent all the time learning things in the real world that they have their characters learn in video games, they would be cool out here in real life. Alas, that's just not the way they roll....

Anonymous said...

Superglue was invented to be used as a battlefield replacement for stitches. So that really isn't too odd.

wearingthepants said...

Thanks MG!

wearingthepants said...

So true...if they invested all that time in their social life, they'd be really cool!

MD said...

No no, they'd still be losers.

How's Marley doing?

wearingthepants said...

He's doing well. I think he's pretty much back to normal...ripping around the apartment right now!

MD said...

Good! Let's hope he never finds out you're responsible for his "procedure" or the consequences could be severe.