Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sweaty Shirt Fund

I almost walked into the guys' locker room yesterday. The club near work is under construction so they temporarily switched the mens' and womens' locker rooms and boy, is their side disgusting. Also due to construction, the club will not be open June 22-29 so that's just fantastic news right as I begin my marathon training. Running sucked yesterday. 5 days off + drinking + late-night, greasy food = bad.

I fully intend to make a suggestion to Lifetime for a Sweaty Shirt Fund, which will benefit not only those forced to wring out their shirt after working out, but will also vastly improve the overall experience for every member of the club. You see, there have been numerous occasions I've felt physically ill when faced with the sight of this:













If this is you, do yourself and everyone else a favor by investing in nylon or alternative moisture-absorbing fabric gym apparel! I know it's more expensive, but trust me, no one wants to get within five feet of someone who looks like they've just had a bucket of water hurled at them. And don't even get me started on smell...

Oh, and if you profusely sweat, gray is NOT a good color!

6 comments:

MD said...

Wait, you girls don't like that? I usually walk in with a shirt I cleverly soak in sweat. So if you don't like the sweat-soaked shirts...does that mean the sweat-soaked shorts are a turn off too??

Suneer said...

Why would someone want to be sane at our age! Sanity can be reserved for others!!

When is your marathon? I really wish I could start jogging on a regular basis, but too lazy :-)

wearingthepants said...

So true.

Marathon is October 7. The mental part of jogging is the hardest part, but it really clears your head!

wearingthepants said...

Sweat-soaked shorts just in the crotch area is hot.

MD said...

Ah! Crotch area! Maybe that's what I've been doing wrong. I've been wearing ones soaked in the ass portion!

wearingthepants said...

Don't ya know? Swass is a turn-off. Swalls, on the other hand, turn-on!