Monday, June 18, 2007

Sarah Jessica Parker's Bitten Clothing Line

After a friend informed me the cute tank top in her myspace photo was from Sarah Jessica Parker's new clothing line, Bitten, I felt compelled to check it out. So yesterday I did just that.

My very first Steve & Barry's experience was a couple years ago in Detroit when I visited the ex during his project for work at the time. During the day while he was working, there wasn't much to do other than go to the mall, conveniently within walking distance of the hotel. I mostly recall $8 college sweatshirts and my astonishment at how Steve & Barry's could sell clothing for such unbelievable prices!

They opened a Steve & Barry's in the Burnsville Center about a year ago, but yesterday was my first look-see. I must say, their style of clothing has really evolved from two years ago. They now offer a much wider variety of apparel. I've heard people express disappointment with SJP's line -- don't expect to find clothes like she wears on Sex & the City, but do expect to find very reasonably priced clothes. Style-wise, the clothes are reminiscent of The Gap or Old Navy, but a step above Old Navy with more affordable prices.

Of all things, the worst part about my Bitten experience was SJP's voice taunting me the entire time. The mounted, flat-screen TV's continually showed her talking about Bitten and her desire to create affordable clothing for women of all shapes and sizes. Blah, blah, blah. It got to be annoying real quick, but at the same time, it's so hard not to love her! Or more accurately, we all know and love Carrie Bradshaw and struggle to differentiate the two! Especially those like me who watch SATC on DVD like there's no tomorrow.

You be the judge. Here's what I came out with yesterday:















I debated over this -- jean jackets don't look right on me, but this was so cute, I couldn't resist. I love the flared sleeves best. Only $14.98!!















Just a plain 3/4 length button-down shirt. Nothing fancy or extra, but heck, only $9.98 so I stocked up for my work wardrobe. I got black, white, and pale pink.















This black/metallic silver striped tote/bag caught my fancy for $9.98.

Side note: I probably would have walked out with super cute, dark denim jeans as well, but they were out of my size!! I was bummed.

SJP's Manifesto:

"It is every woman's inalienable right to have a pulled-together, stylish, confident wardrobe with money left over to live. Get bitten."

Manifesto? Inalienable? I wonder if they have a low-budget for writers. I strongly dislike the verbiage; leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Carrie -- aren't you supposed to be a writer or something??

No comments: