Sunday, June 17, 2007

Marley's First Vet Visit

Welcome to Marley's Corner. So I bought this cheap thing on sale at Target last week. Not one to pay much attention to directions, it wasn't until I nearly had the thing built that I discovered a vital blue plastic part was missing. Alas, I took it apart, returned to Target for an even exchange and got to re-do it all over again.

Marley seems to enjoy his little playhouse. When he's in this lower fort area, he likes to chase his own tail.

He had his first vet visit last Friday. The vet techs and vets were all "ooohing" and "ahhhing" over him. I would've thought they'd be so accustomed to seeing cute kittens and puppies all day that it wouldn't faze them, but I suppose they don't call them animal lovers for nothin'.

The vet said he is definitely part Abyssinian. After Googling some pics, I can really tell that's the case. Especially with his coloring and big ears. Speaking of, they discovered he has ear mites. Ew! So they said it's not a big deal, but they gave me some medication to apply twice each day for a week to get rid of the bugs.

At least his first vet exam is out of the way. He had his second distemper shot, rabies vaccination, feline leukemia & FIV test and complimentary nail trim.

3 comments:

Suneer said...

Yeah, I wondered the same, how did we manage without our cell phones, something that's become a necessity now.

I dont quite remember, where did ya come across Marley?

and what's ur email address?

wearingthepants said...

I found Marley for sale on a site called craigslist.

There's a link to my email in the right column, but it's wearingthepants@gmail.com

MD said...

Good luck applying the ear goo!