Monday, June 11, 2007

Keep your Shirt on -- Please!!

If you're a guy, just because you can run without a shirt, doesn't mean you should. I realize it's like a thousand degrees outside with the humidity, but for the love of God, cover up!! Today I saw something no human being should be subjected to witnessing. As I was parked at a stop light, a pasty, white chubby male wearing green khaki shorts a couple sizes too small, ran past my car, his rolls jiggling as if in slow motion. The appalling image is embedded in my mind.

This humidity is killing me. Begrudgingly, I did a 6-mile jog yesterday in the heat, but today was simply unbearable so I went to the club and did 7 miles on the treadmill. Afterwards, I was doing sit-ups on the mats when a woman and her totally out-of-my-league personal trainer took the mat beside me. I've gotta start going to the club more often.

8 comments:

Suneer said...

Hey again! Talking about humidity, what is it like there? How about matching 80% humidity at 35 degree celcius!? Well, that's what it is like, here! Wonder, whether, would shirt be the only thing off one's body here!? :-)

MD said...

Humidity sucks!

Not to brag, but we've been having some gorgeous weather (with a few rainy days mixed in) here in CT. I'm sure the humidity will come...soon...but for now all's good!

What part of India are you from? My boss is from Goa.

MD said...

As for the shirt comment, I try to keep my shirt on, the ladies flock to me and mess up my hair when I try to go sans shirt.

wearingthepants said...

Ugh, the humidity is bad, that's all I know. I guess what you're saying is I should be grateful that guy covered up the lower half of his body!!

wearingthepants said...

md, they don't call you that for no reason!!

Suneer said...

Hey MD,

I am from Mumbai, that's about a 6-8 hour train journey (or an hour by plane) from Goa.

Goa, incidentally is one of the very few rare places, where high humidity would ensure that shedding of one's clothes is not uncommon. A tourist attraction it is, especially for people from Europe and US.

MD said...

*Booking a ticket to Goa*

Hell ya!

Seriously? I have another friend from work who's from around Bombay (do you guys still call it that?) and her stories make India sound so conservative. She told me people would chastise her if she kissed her husband in public.

MD said...

Yes, imagine your new friend doing lunges! Be grateful your view was limited!