Tuesday, June 12, 2007

5 Miles in Hell

Why did I think I could run in this heat?!? Big mistake. My body prefers cold over hot any day of the year. I figured maybe I should try to acclimate my body to the humidity since this is my last week of freedom before marathon training starts.

In fact, I received my official participant of the '07 Twin Cities Marathon card in the mail today. I don't think the training itself will be the difficult part. I'm actually dreading the commitment of following a regimen more than anything. I hate the fact I'll no longer have the freedom to do whatever I want for my workouts.

2 comments:

MD said...

You could always "pull a hammie" just before the race (can you see me winking?).

wearingthepants said...

It'd be plausible considering my non-existent warm-up and stretching routine.