Monday, May 21, 2007

Why I don't Teach...

I had the most amazing first grade teacher, Mrs. Thompson. I believe if it weren't for her, I may not share a love for the English language -- learning to read and write from her was inspiring!! If I'm ever so lucky as to publish a book, it will be dedicated to her. We kept in contact for years, via snail mail, but lost touch as time wore on. I often think of her and should really put my stalking skills to use in hopes of reuniting.

As an English major, I'm constantly answering the question, "Why don't you teach?" As most young girls do, I went through a phase of wanting to become a teacher, but I don't think I'd be cut out for that role. For starters, I have very little patience. Although I'm beginning to think if I can put up with Deborah, perhaps I can do anything! In all seriousness, I truly admire all the great teachers out there. It'd be so fulfilling to have a profession where you make a difference in people's lives.

Yes, I have a tendency to be long-winded. So here's my point: I merely wished to post a link to this humorous blog, Rate Your Students. Very funny! Here's the description:

"Welcome to Rate Your Students, a public forum where faculty and students can work out the tricky dynamic of the modern classroom. Students can tell us why they won't take the iPod out during a lecture, and professors can tell us why their clothes are so frumpy."

4 comments:

MD said...

Ah, english major. I always wondered why your writing was so much gooder than mine.

wearingthepants said...

What was yours? I'm guessing something science-related??

MD said...

It's easier to say I finished with a Pathobiology Degree.

wearingthepants said...

What is pathobiology?