Sunday, May 6, 2007

Wearing the Skirt

This is majorly delayed, but I intended to blog about last Thursday's episode of The Office. It was hysterical, was it not? I loved the part when Michael and the women were eating lunch at the mall and they were inquiring about his relationship with Jan. He told them Jan had a schoolgirl fantasy, to which they replied that was pretty normal, until Michael revealed Jan made him wear the schoolgirl skirt. So funny.

On a more serious note, it reminded me of something I've been thinking about for a while. Doesn't it seem a little warped that our society isn't more disapproving of the schoolgirl fetish? Is there a double standard? We're so quick to frown upon pedophilia and statutory rape, as it should be, but when it comes to sexual fantasy, it's a different story. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but it's such a sensitive subect matter, you'd think we'd be frightened to even crack a joke about it. But somehow it's almost encouraged, particularly ever since the infamous Britney Spears' video, ...Baby One More Time, where she dressed up as a schoolgirl.

No comments: