Monday, May 28, 2007

Run Forrest, Run

After slacking the past couple weeks, I did a 12-mile run yesterday. Initially, I thought maybe I'd do 10, but when I reached 10, I wasn't tired, so I figured, what's 2 more? I'd never pushed myself to run that far before so it felt good knowing I could!

I was a little sore yesterday and thought I'd be hurting today, but I'm happy to report no soreness. I would've liked to work out today, but forced myself to rest after that long run. Not only did I not work out today, but I slept in 'til 11:40 AM!! No recollection of the last time I slept in that late -- usually don't wake up past 9:30. Going to bed after 3:30 AM every night this weekend may have had something to do with that...

4 comments:

MD said...

Nice job! Semi-related note, I read something the other day that discouraged stretching before working out. Instead, they say to stretch afterwards. It might be more for weight training, but they said it tears the muscles and reduces performance. Food for thought.

wearingthepants said...

Interesting...thanks for passing that info along! When I actually do stretch, it is generally afterwards! I still haven't started on my arms yet. :(

MD said...

I had to cut off all my sleeves b/c my guns are so...MASSIVE.

You ever hear of Greg Valentino?? He was famous for two things, GIGANTIC arms and GIGANTIC steroid use/distribution.

Use him as your inspiration

http://www.ebicep.com/greg-valentino.html

wearingthepants said...

He's really gross!