Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Featherbed Delight

After a six-day workout streak, I decided to give myself the day off yesterday. So after work, I blew money on frivolous purchases. I've wanted a featherbed for a few years now, so I finally broke down and bought one yesterday. As a first-time buyer, I went for a relatively inexpensive one from Linens 'N Things. They had HoMedic featherbeds with the foam material as the interior and goose-down pillowtops, but those were double the cost. If I like the one I got, maybe I can look at the nicer foam ones in the future.

Anyway, it might take me some time to get used to my new featherbed. I almost feel like it's too soft!! But I think I will really like it once I grow accustomed to sleeping on it.

4 comments:

MD said...

Odd, I just bought a new mattress too. Stop copying me!

BTW, the audit's going well. They last at least a week. I think this one's 2 weeks and then the FDA is replacing him with 4 other auditors to check out other stuff.

He came into my lab today, but didn't find anything bad!

wearingthepants said...

Did you buy new pillows too? I also found a green pillow to match the other 6 on my bed. Crazy women and their pillows...

You stashed away all the illegal chemicals?!?

MD said...

No new pillows for me, three's enough. I plan on having these until I die!

What do you do with your army of pillows? OH wait, I got it, PILLOW FORT!!

Yep, all that glowing green ooze, nicely hidden away. We were also able to hide the illegal immigrants, the endangered animals, and high stakes russian roulette game from the auditor!

wearingthepants said...

Pillow fort sounds a lot better than decorative purposes!!

LOL, glad you were able to hide all that from the auditor!