Friday, April 27, 2007

Stretching is Not Overrated

As if I didn't have that pounded into my head every high school track practice by my coach. Yet for some reason, I choose to skip out on warm-ups, cool-downs and stretching during my workouts. Mr. Ertl would be so disappointed. I'd so much rather get it over and done with despite knowing I'm cheating myself out of getting the best results from my workout and potentially preventing injury. My negligence got the best of me the other day when I developed the WORST charley horse in my right calf. Two days later, it's still a little sore. I may have to start stretching. I also need to search online for arm exercises using free weights. My arms looked fat and flabby in pictures taken of me last weekend. Ugh. Didn't run yesterday, had to stay late at work. Today is no good either, which means I can't slack (use excuse of hangover recovery) Saturday and Sunday like I typically do.

1 comment:

MD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.