Sunday, April 8, 2007

Lousy Workout & iPod Failure

Had to drag myself to the gym this morning. It was nice that it was empty, being Easter and all, but I had a not-so-great workout. I intentionally selected a treadmill beside a woman effortlessly running at 7.1 mph. It motivates me when I am next to someone at an equivalent or faster pace. But when I hit 1.5 miles, my ancient iPod froze on me. This has been a frequent occurrence as of late, not to mention source of most frustration!! Take note of the fucked up scroll bar (and the cool song I was listening to).



I wanted that iPod specifically for running, but little did I realize that given it is a hard drive, it is not designed to be shaken in that fashion. After my iPod crapped out, I struggled to keep going. I ran through a couple side aches, but only made it 3 miles. That was seriously so disappointing. I exercised 5 times this week, but I didn't do Friday or Saturday so I should've had a really good run.

So I am thinking of buying an iPod Shuffle. I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong, that since it's a flash drive, I shouldn't run into the freezing issue. But I am uncertain. I wish I were more tech-savvy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you listening to that kick ass Tropix like song? It was hard to see on your pic. Well I ran 1.6 miles straight, and walked about .6. I was proud of that, considering my allergic condition. So there, be happy you made 3. That's not bad! I hope I can keep up with you on Sunday!
Oh yeah... stupid IPod.

I like it when the song I am listening to is like a booty song, and the person or people in front of me have big ass's, and they are bouncing all around. I think it's funny shit!

-You know who I am.

wearingthepants said...

Yes, it's that old Tropix song. Remember it was on that Dance Party 2001 CD we both had?? You can click on the picture to enlarge it.